Wednesday 22 October 2014

411 BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUDATION



I was recommended this by a few friends after my complaints about Topshop's excuse for a blemish balm... really need to stop being so bitter about that. The sales advisor at boots advised I purchase the straight-up Healthy Mix Foundation rather than the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation because the gel isn't recommended for oily skin as the gel acts to hydrate the skin further. However, in comparison to other foundations I have tried Bourjouis' has caused my skin to feel oilier and not just on my t-zone, which has never been a problem for me in the past. I don't want to blame the foundation entirely as my skin has been acting up lately... But I expected a cleaner looking finish from the comments I heard. 

Maybe I'm just a major foundation snob... 


I bought the foundation in the shade Vanilla, which is one up from the lightest and is still to dark for me. I continue to underestimate my paleness once again, truly a prime example of skin whiter than cocaine

Price: 4/5- £10 An affordable price for a student.


Long-Lasting (Face): 4/5- Rarely re-apply during the day. Lasts well for the price. 

Long-Lasting (Bottle): 4/5- More than enough in the bottle, can see this lasting a while.                 


Moisturising: 3/5- Skin feels hydrated, but maybe a little too hydrated... 


Finish: 3/5 -Unfortunately, its kinda shiny for me as I prefer a matte finish. Its also a tad orangey as I said before, but I think I'm terrible at colour matching... 

Coverage: 4/5- Even considerably covers my freckles, well done Bourjois!


   



No comments:

Post a Comment