Tuesday 13 May 2014

411 TOPSHOP BB CREAM


Ok so being pretty strapped for cash, to say the least, has forced me to give up a few luxuries. No.1 being MAC Studio Fix Foundation in pursuit of a cheaper brand. I heard on the grapevine the company behind MAC produce Topshop Makeup, so I thought 'what have I got to lose'... 10 pounds to be exact. With three shades of Topshop BB cream I was really spoilt for choice... the very difficult decision of whether to be 1,2 or 3 was cut short with the pressure of a busy shop and the approaching final bus which led me to grab the lightest shade and make a run for the till. I really do have the palest complexion so no.1 on the colour scale sounded about right and with the limited choice I expected the makeup would be more transparent which is kind of what I was going for. I wasn't expecting big things, in fact I made a vow to myself to buy more low budget makeup after realising I didn't really need to spend £30 for extreme coverage, I'll save that for when the wrinkles come. However, Topshop really let me down and trust me, with the little money I have, I have tried to make it work.

Price: 4/5- £10 An affordable price for a student.

Long-Lasting (Face): 2/5- Definitely feel like I reapply more often than I should. Lasted around 4 hours before I noticed some wear.

Long-Lasting (Bottle): 2/5- A little does not go a long way, used practically half the bottle on my   first application which makes me question whether a low price tag is always the best...                  

Moisturising: 2/5- Extremely dry, feels like it sticks to my skin if I don't apply moisturiser first.

Finish: 1/5 -A strange orangey pigment, leaves my skin looking rather shiny.

Coverage: 2/5- Definitely not the thickest of creams, a bit useless at covering blemishes.        



1 comment:

  1. This was so helpful, I'd been thinking about trying this but I think I'll go for the Body Shop one instead now! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete