Friday 4 April 2014

Tuesday Club // Clean Bandit DJ Set


So a couple of weeks back I went to the Clean Bandit DJ Set at my student union expecting a night worth my time and effort to blog about; I was completely psyched to hear my favourite songs played by the band themselves, even if not live. Unfortunately, they did not deliver.

Don’t get me wrong, I anticipated a DJ set and I hardly expected them to drag their cello's out on to the stage, but sending 1/4 of the band to do what seemed like the dirty work, doesn't really cut it as Clean Bandit. False advertising at its best. I know it doesn't take four people to basically whack on a CD, which is the best way to describe the night- no artistic license in sight, but surely we deserved at least an appearance? Come on guys. 

As the godawful Breach- Jack blared through the speakers I found myself disappointedly reflecting on what I could have bought for my wasted £8: A couple of Elle magazines, a basic ribbed Topshop crop, Eight better songs from iTunes... the list goes on.  

The incredibly mediocre highlight of the set was the finale when the famous Rather Be was played and everyone jumped about a little bit more erratically than before. Did I mention this was the only Clean Bandit song played? Where was Dust Clears? Where was Rihanna? I may as well have stayed home with a bottle of wine and stuck Now 86 on.

Before the painful final set of the night, there was several sets prior including a DJ set called Contact who were considerably better than the headliner. Silver Linings eh. Saying that, I actually can't find anything about them on the internet. Shame. 

As much as it seems like I seriously dislike Clean Bandit now... I really do like their classical meets electronic sounds- although I'll always be bitter for that night, sorry. Here's one of my favourites, an old one of theirs and a welcome change from the excessively overplayed Rather Be:




No comments:

Post a Comment