Tuesday 1 April 2014

Spring Sounds // C A T H E D R A L S



Here in Sheffield spring has got off to a pretty slow start. Things we're going well, I dusted off my old floral bralet, adorned the Lennon sunglasses, headed down to the famous botanical gardens... aaaaand three days later it snowed. The British weather might just be more unpredictable than James Blake's collab with Chance the Rapper, but they definitely have the go-to adjective of 'dreadful' in common. 

Since the weather has turned it's back on me, I'm left to rely on those sweet spring melodies to rekindle any optimism for a... warm-wave. I mean I still have to be realistic, it is Sheffield... It is Britain for that matter. 

This San Franciscan electro-pop duo hit the music scene in late 2013 with the track Unbound and recently released Harlem. Seriously, this girl's voice is hauntingly good especially with that opening a cappella, and over a mix of synth and guitar the track achieves that chilled sound worthy of a primetime British spring day. But I guess we'll have to imagine that part for now. 

With plans for an album release, these guys are worth watching out for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment