Wednesday 9 April 2014

Workin' that Workout // Topshop x Adidas Originals

Topshop x Adidas
     Orange Runner Shorts // Tracksuit Top // White Tee // Blue Runner Shorts // Print Sweatshirt

The holey leggings have had a good run, but I think its time I saw the back of them. I've never really got the whole gym chic thing. At the end of the day, theres no avoiding looking like you've spent the past two years of your life hiding in the sauna. It's not pretty. This was until the release of the Topshop x Adidas Originals collection and I thought- why not? Those empowering graffiti-esque prints and pastel colours have lead me to remember my place as a fashion blogger, and surely this shouldn't be constrained by the sweaty threat of the gym? No more faded New Look legging'sno more boyfriend's hand-me-down Fred Perry tee. I tend to leave my self-esteem at the door when I enter the gym and I know many feel the same way. Its an intimidating place, especially as a newbie lacking body confidence and stood next to a muscular god. For me, I know without a doubt this collection would give me that extra shove through the door, who said the treadmill couldn't be a catwalk? 

Top motivation songs I've played countless times: 



Can't get more empowering than Destiny's Child, but Cyril Hahn definitely brings this classic into the now.

And closely followed by:



Seriously owe my commitment to the gym to you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment