Thursday 12 June 2014

WHITE JEAN TREND







White Jeans- Primark // Kimono- Primark // Black Vest- Topshop // Cleated Boots- H&M // Mac- So Chaud 


If I'm honest here, white jeans are not really my thing. Up there with disco pants... I've always thought they were a tad tacky. However, after becoming a blogger and the apparent rise of the white jean trend I've become less cynical. 

One of the things I love about blogging is your whole opinion about an item of clothing can change depending on how another blogger has styled it. I mean, who the hell made Birkenstocks cool? 

About a month back, I saw someone (who's name I don't remember) who had jumped on the white jean trend and dedicated a blog post on how they styled them. The blogger had ripped them at the knees, had a pair of sliders on, a long grey cardigan and an oversized t-shirt and my opinion changed. I loved how laid back the outfit looked and decided to challenge myself to styling a pair of white jeans to my personal taste. 

The biggest success as a blogger is the ability to style an item that would otherwise be considered 'unfashionable'. Making the unfashionable fashionable to put it simply. One, to demonstrate the diversity of fashion- which is not constrained to the current trends, and two to prove you don't need a full wallet to be considered stylish and can instead work with what you already have. I for one am always dragging clothes from my wardrobe that haven't seen the light of day since I was 13... But I always think Fashion moves in circles. An item will crop back up in the limelight in a few years no doubt. 

These jeans are in fact my Mam's jeans, which I was dying to rip but that would not go down well at all. I'll no doubt purchase my own pair when I get some money in the bank, but for now I think I'll just lend hers... 

I wore this outfit out for a few cocktails in sunny sunny Newcastle, paired with the prettiest Primark kimono. Unfortunately its not a longline kimono which I am so so pining after but I just couldn't say no to such a small price tag... obviously. I'm only human. 

Kimono- £8
White Jeans- £10
Cleated Boots- £35
Topshop Vest- £8
Mac Lipstick- £15
















2 comments: